If you would like to sell items at the fan auction, you will need to know the following:
- Items can be dropped off to the convention's front desk any time from Thursday afternoon to 3:00pm Friday. Forms will be available at the front desk for you to fill out, and enter your lots into the auction. You will need to provide your name, a short description of each "lot" (a single item or group of items sold together) and the "reserve" if any (the reserve is the lowest price you are willing to see the lot for, and it will not be sold at less than this amount).
- Staff at the front desk will be able to help you with this. You are allowed to enter a maximum of 10 lots. If you have a lot of items that you wish to sell, consider bundling similar items together into group lots.
- The convention takes a 10% commission on all sales at the auction. This commission is waived for any items whose proceeds are being donated to a recognised charity or fan fund.
- While the auctioneers will do their best to work through all items for sale during the auction, they make no guarantee they will manage to make it through every item.
- Some things sell better at auction than others. One thing that currently proves very difficult to sell is VHS cassettes, and we ask you to keep that in mind when considering whether or not submit them.
- If you are known to the auctioneers and are expecting to purchase multiple items during the course of the auction, you may set up an account and pay the full cost of items purchased at the end of the night rather than one item at a time. This must be arranged before the auction starts.